Monday, December 17, 2012

You Can't Have Bananas without Strawberries

This morning, due to lack of proper freezer management, I was out of both raspberries and blueberries.  I now needed a new breakfast plan.  Normally, I would switch to oatmeal, the bad kind, with all the sugar and flavors, like strawberries and cream.  It might be tasty, but it sure isn't good for the body.  This morning was different.  I had already added the bananas, orange juice, yogurt, avocado and strawberries to the blender, I really hated to toss all that expensive goodness.  So the Banana and Strawberry Smoothie was born.


Banana and Strawberry Smoothie

2 Bananas
2 Cups Strawberries
1 Tablespoon avocado (opt)
1 Cup Keifer, Yogurt, Almond or Soy Milk
1 Cup of Orange Juice or 1 Orange and 1/2 cup of water

Blend

This combination of flavors was both tasty and very pretty.  A nice girly pink.






No comments:

Post a Comment