Friday, December 7, 2012

Mmmmmm Breakfast Smoothie


Mmmmmmmm Breakfast Smoothie



Supper yummy way to start the day, and look how much fruit you are eating in just one meal.  Why eat a boring apple at lunch when you can have all this whole fruit?

Makes 2

2 Banana's
1 Cup of Blueberries
1 Cup of Raspberries
1 Cup of Strawberries
1 Cup of Orange Juice or 1 Orange and 1/2 Cup of Water
1 Cup of Keifer, Yogurt, Almond, Soy, Rice or Cows Milk

(I use soy yogurt that I make.  It is full-proof when using a yogurt maker.)




(http://www.amazon.com/Euro-Cuisine-Automatic-Yogurt-White/dp/B001KZM4Y4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354835461&sr=8-1&keywords=yogurt+maker)

I use frozen Blueberries, Raspberries and Strawberries.  I am able to buy the Blueberries and Strawberries in bulk at Costco.

In a pinch, I use frozen bananas.  With frozen, I either scale back to using one banana or add more liquid.  Frozen bananas are a bear to blend, even in the Vitimix.

Let me know if you give this smoothie a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment