Thursday, April 18, 2013

Banana Bread Bites - Oven Not Needed

Today I really wanted to make an effort to use this new toy of mine.  The Kitchen Aid Pro Line Dicing Food Processor.  It came with various blades which I am greatly intimidated by, but am slowing learning to use.  I decided that today I would make almond flour so that I could make Banana Bread Bites.  The Banana Bread Bites recipe, originally is found on the MyWholeFoodLife web site.

KitchenAid Pro Line Dicing Food Processor
Almond Flour
Banana Bread Bites


Ingredients 
2 cups of almonds
1 ripe banana, sliced
10 to 12 pitted medjool dates

Directions
In a food processor grind the almonds into a fine consistency.
* I used a sifter to sift out the larger pieces, to roll my finished product in.
Add banana and dates and pulse until a dough starts to form.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally, to fully incorporate all of the ingredients.
Roll dough into little balls.
*If you sifted out the larger almond pieces, roll the balls in the almonds, at this time.
Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place in the fridge to set.

These will keep in the fridge for several weeks.

I made 1/2 of the recipe and had 15 little balls when I was finished.

1 comment: